Saturday, May 3, 2014

And Then Life Happened

I came home from Tornado Alley Goes Hog Wild, the double-show in Tulsa, Oklahoma on April 26th, and vowed to quickly get my show pictures posted to Facebook and to get a show report posted to this blog.

I was off to a good start.  I got all of my Performance pictures posted by Sunday April 27th despite getting home at 3am that morning and being a zombie for most of the day.

Monday morning, I woke up, and although I was still exhausted from the weekend, I got started writing a blog post about the show.  My boyfriend, Rob, had the day off from work and was coming over to hang out and take me to see 50-1 while it was still in theaters.  I was making good progress on the blog post by the time Rob arrived, but put it aside so that we could spend some time together.  I was hoping he would join me in bed for a snuggle (or maybe even a nap.. like I said, I was still tired and worn out).  But instead, he insisted that I come outside to see how pretty the yard was.  He told me that the storms the night before had made everything greener, and that the sky was clear and blue, and that I should really see it.

Reluctantly, I changed from my pajamas into real clothes and joined him in the side yard.  We walked around, noticing how everything was in bloom and discussing the yard work projects we had in mind for the summer.  (Although we don't live together, Rob helps me out A LOT with home improvement projects.)  Rob then suggested I get on the rope swing hanging from the big oak tree in the middle of the yard.  "It'll make you happy," he told me.  So I did, and he started pushing me as we talked.  "Do you remember what we did on our first date?" he asked.  "We played on this swing," I replied as I swung higher.



We talked about our relationship for the past three years and about our love for each other.. and then he grabbed the swing, bringing me to a stop, and got down on one knee...

:)

Needless to say, my mind has been on other things besides model horses ever since!  We're hoping for an October wedding, so there's a lot of planning to do in the meantime.  This week has been a flurry of announcements, phone calls, planning discussions, and venue hunting.

But, SOON, I will have a show report posted here, I promise!

1 comment: