Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: Year in Review

So, it's the start of a new year, but I thought I should quickly take a look back at 2013.

2013 was my year to get back into the hobby after another long break.  My horses were mostly packed up in boxes in the closet in my office/craft room since I moved in Spring 2010.  In late May 2013, my boyfriend Rob and I went to Branson for a vacation to celebrate our anniversary.  While we were there, we browsed some antique stores and found some Breyers.  They were a bargain, so I had to get some, right?
Rob also bought me these two, and now blames himself for rekindling my model horse addiction passion.
The ponies that Rob bought for me in Branson.

The rest of the year became a whirlwind of hobby activity for me.  I jumped back into collecting (aka buying way too many ponies) and started looking for shows in the area.  I only attended two shows in 2013, but they were a great way to get back into the swing of things.

The first show was Hog Wild Live in Springdale, Arkansas on September 14th.
It was a great show, and I did pretty well for my first time showing since 2008, plus I learned a lot.
My show string for the day.
Some highlights of the show:
Ruby Slippers earned her NAN card in Western for my Bridleless Reining entry.

Epiphany won 1st place and a NAN card for English Pleasure.

To The Moon NANed in Over Fences.

Brytteva and Chiquita won OF Mini Foal Champion and Reserve.

Brytteva went on to win OF Mini Reserve Grand Champion.
Several other of my horses NANed in Halter, and overall it was a good day.

My second show of the year was the Mid Ark Model Horse Expo in Greenbrier, Arkansas on November 2nd.  This was my third time attending the Mid Ark Model Horse Expo (previously I attended in 2007 and 2008), and it was just as fun as before.  I had a more successful day in the Performance divisions than I did at Hog Wild, and I think I also did a better job of socializing there (normally I'm very shy/introverted and have social anxiety) so the day was really a success.

My horses did pretty well!
Some highlights from the show:
Epiphany scored the blue in Hunter/Jumper.

Another blue for Epiphany in Dressage.

Epiphany even got a blue in English Trail!

Epiphany trotted away with CM/AR English Performance Champion.

Ruby Slippers got another NAN card in Western Games.

Epiphany came back and won CM/AR Overall Performance Reserve Grand Champion.

In the OF Performance Division, Pennyroyal NANed in Hunter/Jumper.

Pennyroyal got the blue in Dressage.

Pennyroyal won enough ribbons to earn the OF English Performance Reserve Champion rosette.
Again, I had several horses win NAN cards in Halter, hooray!

2013 was a good year for me in the model horse hobby, but I think 2014 is going to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment