Sunday, December 29, 2013

An Introduction of Sorts

Hello!  If you're reading this, congrats, you've stumbled across my blog!  This is my first post, so I figure I should do some sort of an introduction before I jump into "real" posts.



My name is Janna, and I'm a model horse addict.  

Shady Creek Farm is the name of my model horse "stables".  I've been collecting model horses ever since I was a girl.  When I was probably about four years old, my parents bought me my first Breyers, and of course, they were my favorite play toys.  I still have them, but they definitely have some battle scars!  When I was eleven years old, I learned about the model horse hobby through Breyer's Just About Horses magazine.  It was at this point that I started paying more attention to the condition of my models, and more of them became "shelf models" than "play models".  I also discovered my first local model horse show around the same time, and was hooked!  My activity level in the hobby has ebbed and flowed over the years (more on that in a future post), but I have always had a passion for plastic ponies and I don't think that will ever change.  I'm just glad to be active in the hobby again, and I hope it will stay that way for years to come.

My main interests in the hobby are collecting (still some OF Breyers, also Peter Stones, customs, and resins) and live showing (especially Performance).  I dabble in a bit of prop making but would like to do more.  I would also like to participate in photo showing, and maybe even branch out into making tack and trying my hand at customizing models myself.

Besides model horses, I enjoy: spending time with my real animals (seven dogs, one cat, one horse, and lots of reptiles); doing animal rescue work; dog training; photography; video games; reading; and crafts.  I have an amazing boyfriend named Robert (although I usually call him Rob), and I am very lucky that he loves me and supports me in everything I do, including the model horse hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment